Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hairstyles...

Hairstyles


     With the weather being really really hot, I didn't quite now what to do with twa (teeny weeny afro). Because it been so hot, I did not want to use a lot of product on my hair because the oils would end up on my skin and I have sensitive skin so that's not a good thing. Another thing, I have got to practice keeping my hands out of my hair. I like my natural hair so much til I'm always touching it because I love love love the way my hair feels.
     So after I shampoo or co-wash, I use a leave-in conditioner, I use a small amount of oil, I never stick to the same oil. I may use olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, argan oil, tea tree oil, carrot oil, vitamin e oil, almond oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil, shea butter oil or herbal oil. I know, that's a lot of oil. When I first decided to go natural, I spent a lot of money on hair products, had I known how long these oils would last I would not have gotten them all at the same time but its cool because I have three daughters and I'm making good use of them all.
   So lately, my go to hairstyle is the two strand twist. I have been using coconut and shea curl defining creme by Eden Bodyworks. It seems to be working okay for me but once its all gone, I like that its really light and it does not leave my hair feeling greasy or oily and it has a light scent. I'm not sure if I'll purchase it again or maybe I will for my girls hair. It works well for their sensitive skin. For the most part, I will keep my twisted for three to five days and where a twist out style, after that I will change it a little more each day with hair accessories if I do not co-wash. I use to co-wash daily but with weather being so hot I do not because it tends to dry much hair out so I try to do it once a week right. I am truely enjoying my hair journey and getting to know my hair and I'm learning more about me and embracing who I am, natural hair and all. I can't embrace my natural hair without embracing a healthier me so I have started my health journey as well and it is much needed because I am a type 2 diabetic and I need to take my health more seriously. There are many health issues in my blood line so I need to take control of my health. I hop everyone is happy, healthy and blessed!!! Have a great day!!!Here are a few pic of my hair post bc..




s/o to Kimberley Williams for the inchy scalp treatment... tip, thanks again
 The tip was to oil my scalp with tea tree oil to help with dry itchy scalp...
 

1 comment:

  1. Jamaican black castor oil and a few drops of tea tree oil for the itchy scalp...sorry I didn't mention the Jamaican black castor oil...

    ReplyDelete