Friday, July 12, 2013

Embracing My Natural Hair

     It's been five months post my big chop and I'm a little bored with my hair, I've been watching you tube videos on how to style my twa (teeny weeny afro). I colored my hair about a month ago. It didn't turn out like I hoped but I am happy with the color. It's something different. It's okay. I'm still working out my morning routine as well as my night routine. Trying to get to know my natural hair has been a real journey. So far, I've learned how to pre- poo, co-wash, make my shea butter mix to moisturize my hair and the  two strand twist out on my hair. So I twist my hair at night and sleep with my satin bonnet. My hair dose better when I don't wet it every day to get a style. I not really sure if I like the wash n go method. Out of all the wash n go videos I've watched on you tube, none of the ladies just wash n go, but they do have great tips on what to do with your natural hair. They are inspiring. They make hair styling look fun and easy. We all know looks can be deceiving. It's harder than it looks. I know, I'll get better with time.
      My go to hair style is the two strand twist out. It's simple and easy and it doesn't take a lot of time. So far my night routine is twisting my hair in two strand twist all over my head, only moisturizing if needed then I put a small amount of coconut milk anti breakage serum on my end. I use the organix brand for now. That's what's been working for me. When I first cut my hair, I went out and bought too many products so I will not be shopping for hair products any time soon. I've mainly just been using my TRESemme' to co-wash and as a leave-in conditioner for split ends. It's working really well for me. These past five months my hair has gotten a lot thicker and healthier and I'm so proud of my natural hair. I would encourage anyone to give their natural hair a chance and if you don't like it go back to relaxers. I'm learning to have fun with my hair.It's all part of loving myself and being happy with who I am. Yeah, it's personal, embracing me.  Embracing my natural hair. I hope everyone is happy, healthy and blessed!!! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment