Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Seven Steps For Control

I came across an article in a diabetic living magazine and thought this could help those who live with diabetes. I've been having some struggles concerning diabetes and I know I'm not alone. There are many people who live with this illness. Diabetes effects every system in the body. That is why is it's so important to take good  care of yourself and live a healthy lifestyle. I recently went to the doctor and was given a second medication to help control my blood sugar. Now is the time I should really take my health seriously, so I'm starting my health journey as well as my natural hair journey. I will be charting my weight loss, meal plans and exercises that I will incorporate into my daily routine. I believe, it's important to journal because it helps to stay on track. It also keeps you grounded.

In the article it list seven steps for glucose control and I thought I would share this to help others that maybe facing the same issues in life. This could help someone that maybe border line diabetic or someone that wants to start eating healthier, getting fit or just exercising to be heart smart.
It is important to eat six small meals a day to control your blood sugar. This helps control my blood sugar better than three large meals a day. It is easier for my body to process the food if I eat in smaller portions through out the day. This also makes me feel better and have more energy. Here are the sever steps to help control blood glucose.

  • Step 1. Healthful Eating: Build skills such as counting carbohydrate grams and measuring portion sizes as part of an eating plan that helps to manage blood sugar levels.
  •  
  • Step 2: Being Active: Discover how physical activity helps you control blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels, then design an activity plan that fits your life.

  • Step 3: Monitoring: Learn how to use a blood glucose meter and other skills related to recording and understanding blood sugar results.

  • Step 4: Taking Medication: Figure out how to fit your medication routine into your daily schedule.

  • Step 5: Problem Solving: Understand how to recognize and react to situations that could upset your diabetes control, such as becoming ill with a cold or flu.

  • Step 6: Reducing Risks: Realize why health problems such as kidney damage and heart disease happen and how they can be prevented.

  • Step 7: Healthful Coping: Identify coping skills that will help you work through emotional lows and feel better in body and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment