Friday, September 27, 2013

Embrace You Natural

Embracing My Natural Hair

So far on my natural hair journey, I have learned that what works for someone else may not work for the next person. After watching many of my natural sisters' videos on you tube I have learned that every body's hair is different and however your hair grows out of your scalp, that's what God intended for you. I am no longer comparing my hair to the ladies in the videos or anyone else for that matter. I am enjoying my natural hair journey and learning a lot about me at the same time. I am  happy with my hair now although when I first decided to go natural, I was not as confident about natural hair because I did not know how to take care of it or style it. I did not know what products to use or if expensive products were better the less expensive (cheap) products. My advise to those who are new to the natural hair world is take your time getting to know what works for your hair. Don't start with expensive hair products online because you can most likely fine some natural products at your local beauty supply store or Sally's Beauty Supply store that will work for you and spend a lot less money. My big chop 02/07/12
 Five months natural & loving my natural hair...
 Seven months natural, hair remained twisted with no gel, just Coconut Shea by Eden BodyWorks
 My hair grown out a bit and I can do different styles, I am trying and learning different techniques and I am just having fun with each experience. I will not longer be a product junkie, I will use what works for me. I have learned the expensive products is not always the best way to go.  I hope everyone is happy, healthy and bless!!! Have an awesome weekend!!!EmbraceYouNatural!!!

1 comment: